SCEA Marketers welcome Master Class from CSA’s Dianne Fraser

The opportunity to learn from one of the all-time greats in Christian school marketing was too good to miss for a number of SCEA staff from across our schools this week, with Christian Schools Australia (CSA) Digital Communicator, Mrs Dianne Fraser, making the journey from Busselton for the day to share knowledge about her journey in communications in Christian schools.

Mrs Fraser trained as a theologian and pursued counselling before a move down to Busselton led her to a connection with Dr Graeme Cross (Chief Executive Officer – SCEA), who was at that time the Principal of Cornerstone Christian College (CCC).

Her ability to craft a story, enliven a school experience and enthuse the staff around her made her indispensable in reaching the local community with the wonderful work done at Cornerstone.

Fifteen years later, Mrs Fraser is now with CSA and took the time to encourage our SCEA marketers with the words “Be encouraged – because you do make a difference!” on Wednesday afternoon at the SCEA Head Office.

Many marketers across the globe have heralded the concept of ‘story-telling’ in their marketing process, with Mrs Fraser presenting research from numerous tertiary studies that tell us of the power of stories and their ability to keep our attention. Mrs Fraser’s encouragement was to ‘find the stories in your SCEA schools’ and let the world know the life-changing work that is being done through Christian education.

Anecdotes of ‘buddy benches’ for new students who were still to make friends, fictitious ‘thefts of cheese’ from the staff room that needed to be solved by sleuthing students and a young cancer patient who received encouragement notes from Prime Ministers and famous sportspeople were just some of the ways in which Mrs Fraser demonstrated that God has a story in all of our hearts and the work that Christians can do in our SCEA schools is absolutely life-altering.

While her accomplishments at Cornerstone during the time of Dr Cross led to enrolment growth and heightened staff morale, Mrs Fraser puts the success of her time there down to God’s providence and His leading on people’s hearts.

“We have a mighty and miraculous God, and when we approach our schools with this mindset first (we are His; redeemed and serving with Him) and then we bring our professional identity to the table, God can multiply our efforts in every area. It really is about getting that order right and watching Him work. I am completely overwhelmed at times by what God can do when we have our purpose in Him as the primary motivation,” said Mrs Fraser.

In closing, she quoted these words from the Book of Isaiah, which should give courage and hope to all Christian education staff everywhere in our schools:

I took you from the ends of the earth,
    from its farthest corners, I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
    I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

– Isaiah 41: 9-10

(From Left)

• Cheryl Lim (Publications Officer – Swan Christian College),
  • Jess Kapitola (National Social Media – CSA),
  • Dianne Fraser (Digital Communications – CSA),
  • Tanja Nell (Marketing and Communications Officer – Mundaring Christian College),
  • Kirsten Page (Marketing and Communications Officer – SCEA) and
  • Angelique Botha (Marketing and Communications Officer – Northshore Christian Grammar School).
Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top