On Friday, November 15th a group of more than 50 dedicated SCEA staff and parents gathered to celebrate a number of milestones and amazing achievements by staff from our schools.
Board members spoke fondly of the achievements and effort that have been given by so many of these dedicated staff – some of who are retiring, moving on to new ventures or remaining within SCEA to continue to serve in our schools and offices.
Notable achievements were:
- Mag Sayers (leaving after 17 years) who was honoured by Steve McAlpine presented with an award after 17 years at Swan,
- Jenny Taylor (leaving after 18 years) who was presented with an award by Don Warner for service to Southern Hills,
- Caroline Bent (reaching the 20-year milestone) who continues to serve at Swan Christian College in the Library and was presented an award by Shelley Forbes,
- Ray Hockley (reaching the 20-year milestone) who continues to serve at Swan Christian College as the Head of Service Learning and was presented an award by Craig Clark,
- Patricia Scrivener (reaching the 20-year milestone) who continues to serve at Southern Hills Christian College and was honoured by Chairman of the Board Rob Edkins, and
- Norm Ewing (leaving after 32 years) who was honoured by Chairman of the Board Rob Edkins who presented him with an award and made a great speech outlining Norm’s achievements during his significant career at Swan,
- Sally Hopper (reaching the 20-year milestone) who continues to serve at Kalamunda Christian School was presented an award by Deputy Chair of the Board, Kenneth Carter.