SCEA welcomes 5,000 students across its schools

It was fitting that the newest SCEA school, Northshore Christian Grammar School (NCGS) should welcome student number 5,000 this week – celebrating an all-time high for collective enrolments since the Association’s inception in 1982.

Year 8 student, Isaiah, had yet to receive his Northshore uniform when this photo with NCGS Head of Secondary, Mr Jethro Sobejko, was taken, but his mother – a native of Uganda who is in Perth to study her PhD in Social Work – had chosen Northshore quite specifically before arriving in Perth just a fortnight ago.

“We wanted a school which was grounded in the word of God, where teachers lived their Christian faith and where my son had good role models to learn from,” she said.
“I am a researcher. I did my research. I spoke to a number of people before approaching the school. I met the school representatives and know that this school will be great for Isaiah.”

This is just one of many stories of families seeking an educational experience that is shaped by the gospel of Jesus Christ for today’s young people to experience life in all of its fullness. 

SCEA Chief Executive Officer Dr Graeme Cross reflected on the milestone this week:

“While this is a testament to the hard work being undertaken in each SCEA school on a daily basis and God’s blessings, let’s remember that God has not just called us to simply create large schools, but to ‘grow’ the people that we interact with, celebrate their achievements and care for those around us.  So often, numbers and statistics make the headlines in our world, but we know that God sees the world differently.  Let us celebrate that today.”

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top