Remembering Anthony Ramsden

This week, we pause to remember the life of Mr Anthony Ramsden, who passed away recently after serving as part of the Swan Christian College (SCC) staff.

Anthony was a godly man, an incredible colleague and a friend to many. The SCC community will fondly remember his smiling face, friendly nature and sharp mind. He was quick to lend a helping hand or a word of encouragement. He had a wonderful sense of humour and was always up for a chat which went hand-in-hand with a witty joke and a good laugh.

Anthony was a member of the College’s Property and Services team and was passionate about serving the SCC community; he was a great team player.

Anthony always went about doing things in a kind and quiet manner. Since his passing, stories have emerged within our community of how he touched people’s lives through caring gestures such as cutting flowers for people, assisting colleagues as they moved house and helping a staff member plaster their home.

“Anthony was my friend… my work friend. He would often pop into my office for a chat or a laugh. He once brought a picture of a weird little Emu from home and gave it a new home on my wall, and this was a great talking piece. His love for God was undeniable, and we’d often chat about God and life, and I enjoyed hearing his point of view.” – Erin Vallance

Anthony and I often chatted in the hallways as we crossed paths on campus, and he was a servant-hearted, humble man and a man whose love for the Lord was apparent to all. I will greatly miss my friend Anthony and our chats about life and the Lord. Until we meet again. – Clayton Leaver 

He always gave to others as a colleague and friend, which stemmed from his love and concern for them.

“Anthony was always a ray of sunshine. He greeted everyone with a huge smile and always had encouraging, godly wisdom to share. My family and I were blessed to share a friendship with Anthony and his family outside of Swan Christian College. A memory I will hold close to my heart is when my husband lost his drone to the waters of Camp Grace in Busselton. Ant’s first words were, “Let’s pray” .

He knew that God would show him exactly where the drone was. He didn’t find it however, another friend did, and it was right where Ant said it would be. 
That’s who Ant was, a man who prayed in every situation and a man full of faith.” 

I will miss Anthony beeping his buggy horn at me and saying, “Hard at work!” as he laughed with his smiling eyes.

Anthony was such a kind, loving, encouraging friend and colleague who will be deeply missed. Love you, Ant! Beep Beep!” – Mahu Hauraki

Mr Ramsden with the Swan Property and Services Team.

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top